Welcome to Kent Family Dental!
Dear Patients and Friends,
We are excited to announce that our office will be opening for routine dental care on Monday, June 1. We have been staying updated on new recommendations from the CDC, American Dental Association, and the Michigan Dental Association and have been working to modify our procedures and protocols. We now feel we are ready to safely resume operations. As we are sure you have heard from every industry, there will be a “new normal”. Things will look and feel a little different, but please take comfort knowing that all of these changes and precautions are to try to obtain the highest level of safety for our patients and team members.
We ask for your cooperation and patience as we all navigate these unchartered waters together. If you have an appointment scheduled and do not plan to attend, please let us know. We have hundreds of patients we are trying to reschedule from our closure so we would really appreciate if you could give us 24 hours notice if you are unable to make your appointment time. Our team is working very hard to call all the patients who had appointments that we had to cancel and we are going to do the best we can to accommodate everyone. If you have developed any dental concerns during our closure, please call us and we will get you scheduled.
We request your cooperation with the following before your appointment…
- If you have had any symptoms consistent with COVID-19 such as a fever, cough, shortness of breath, flu-like symptoms, loss of taste or smell, or contact with any confirmed COVID-19 patients, we ask that you call us before your appointment to reschedule
- We will be contacting you before your appointment to ask some COVID-19 screening questions
- Please text us if possible or call when you arrive for your appointment and wait inside your vehicle. We will text or call you as soon as your provider and treatment room are ready for you.
- Please refrain from bringing family members or friends with you to your appointment. If you require assistance or you are bringing a child for their appointment, one family member or caregiver may accompany the patient.
- Everyone who enters the building must wear a face mask.
- Upon entering the office, we will be taking temperatures on all patients and those that need to accompany them into the building. If you have a temperature over 100 degrees, we may need to reschedule your appointment. We will then ask that you use hand sanitizer before coming back to your treatment room.
- There may be some dental procedures that we are unable to perform at this time. We ask for your patience as we consider alternative treatments.
- Dentistry has a long history of “universal precautions” and the highest level of sterilization and disinfection. We will continue this and have added some additional precautions. The following are some things that we have added to help keep you safe during your appointment…
- We are screening all dental team members each day
- You will notice we will be wearing more personal protective equipment than before. Please do not be alarmed by our additional gear and we apologize in advance that you may not be able to see our normal smiling faces.
- We have added plexiglass barriers at our front desk check-in and check-out areas
- We have added an i Wave R air purifier and ionization generator to our heating/cooling system which kills mold, viruses, bacteria, and reduces allergens
- We are frequently disinfecting the reception area, restrooms, and any surfaces frequently touched in addition to our normal procedures between patients.
We look forward to seeing you at your next dental visit. If you have any questions or concerns before then, please to not hesitate to contact us.
Dr. Nicole Miller, Dr. Andy Annis, Dr. Steve Feddick, and Dr. van Holsbeeck
CALL US: (616) 364-9348 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
Comprehensive Dental Services
With four talented doctors on our team, we have the skill and experience to ensure that everyone in your family receives the attention and personalized care they need.
Our services include, but are not limited to:
Protecting Smiles with Advanced Technology
Our office employs some of the latest technology to help us detect problems quickly so that our patients can receive timely and effective care. Digital imaging allows us to get an in-depth understanding of your dental situation. Using intraoral cameras helps us see more of your smile and allows you to see what we see so that you can be more confident in your care and treatment.
We strive to make every patient’s experience a positive one through attentive care and a personable approach. Everyone in our office, from the dentists to the front staff, strives to be friendly, courteous, and accommodating, whether you’ve been coming to us for years or you’re visiting us for the first time.
We know fitting dental visits into a busy schedule isn’t easy, which is why we offer extended hours to make receiving top-quality dental care simpler and more convenient for our patients. We value your time and strive to always stay on schedule, so you don’t have to worry about long waits.
We believe in a partnership with our patients, and do all we can to provide the tools and education you need to take care of your smile in any circumstance. Our dentists always take the time to listen and understand a patient’s goals and concerns, which helps us to provide the customized care they need and expect.
Your Healthy Smile is Waiting!
At Kent Family Dental, we proudly serve the communities of Grand Rapids, Ada, Rockford, and patients throughout the surrounding Michigan areas.
Come visit us today to start receiving the quality dental care you deserve. We look forward to helping you smile!